Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Rose By Any Other Name...

So my mom doesn't "get" the Home and Hiney name...let me spell it out for you.. Home refers to my small life and that of my household, and Hiney is to highlight my favorite Hiney that needs regular diapering, patting and sometimes a tickle and a pinch.

On the HOME front... I went strawberry picking with a friend earlier this week and have worked hard to can the 12 quarts of berries before they spoiled...or rather, before the fruit flies figured out how to air lift the berries right out of the house. So far I have something like close to 30 jars of strawberry jam, strawberry kiwi jam, strawberry lemon marmalade and kiwi daiquiri jam. AND strawberry lemonade concentrate (we tried some with dinner tonight and OH YUUMMMMO. Sorry folks but you couldn't pay me enough to share this!). The Lemonade was a huge pain in the HINEY to make... we had to squeeze 7 lbs of lemons for 4 cups of fresh lemon juice. Doug had to take over half way through because my wrist was getting ready to file a lawsuit.
As for my favorite HINEY.. I've been contemplating potty training. I'm pretty sure when you decide to do it, you're supposed to like...stick with it. But I'm a little hesitant. LOL YES IM HESITANT TO COMMIT TO POTTY TRAINING. Frankly I'm fine with changing diapers, but I knew a woman whose 4 year old son wasn't potty trained and I don't want to be That Mom. My favorite Hiney also shows no interest in actually producing something ON the potty. We've tried numerous times over the last 7 months, but nothing to take a picture of. Eh, maybe she's just not feeling it either. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment