Friday, July 22, 2011

Plum Upside Down Cake

So Angry Chicken keeps talking about this rustic fruit dessert and it's been driving me nuts...so of course I had to make it...it's quite unlike anything else I've ever had. And delicious. Buttery. Crumbly and moist, slight vanilla flavor...and a tartness I wasn't expecting.. Delish!
I've been debating what kind of fruit tree to plant in our yard (and uh...WHERE to plant it) and plum has been at the top of my list. I like that it seems old fashioned. Pear is another top of the lister. We have loads of Apple picking places in the area so that doesn't seem necessary. That and there isn't much to do in Maine when it gets cold so I figured I wouldn't rob my family of an annual apple picking tradition by planting an apple tree or two in our backyard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment