Saturday, August 13, 2011

Yard sale goodness

I had a phenomenal day with my friend Wendi and her family at their camp... and have just tasted the frosting on this cake of goodness. I bought a Sony turn table at a yard sale today..it's not very old, 8 years, so it's newer than any other record player I've ever come in contact with. I now have a way to play my childhood record collection! I have records from the 70's that were my brothers that I inherited, as well as my all time favorite "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day" record with read-a-long-book. I love this Winnie the Pooh so much that I frequently watch this video on YouTube because I feel nostalgic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbyO-iPb7xo
Zari has good taste as well and doesn't need to be forced to watch this with me. :)
So now I have an awesome tan/burn glow from being in the sun, my Sim Social Meter is full, and I have a record player and will now become one of those snobs that only buys records. The only thing that sucks about these is how short they are LOL I'm finding I have to get off my rear quite often to changes sides or correct something. Yes yes, laugh at me... BUT I HAVE A RECORD PLAYER AND YOU DON'T!
Oh and as we speak I'm using last weeks yard sale purchase..(or rather a few weeks back) my food dehydrator.. I'm dehydrating the massive bunch of Chives my mom helped me harvest from her garden. What a good, GOOD day! :)
And tomorrow my FIL is supposed to help my husband install our front screen/storm door! Yeay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment